Wednesday, 17 December 2014

Performance Evaluation

After performing our piece to the other two classes earlier in the day, I felt that the other two classes highlighted the issues more clearly in their performance than we did in comparison to ours. So therefore before the show I was nervous as to how much our adaption of The Most Horrific, explored the issues that are raised in the play.

I really enjoyed Miss Goodall’s class’s performance. This was because the message behind Jacobs’s scene was very comical and imaginative. When he was covered in makeup and put him in a dress it was clear that the audience and the other characters preferred this image of him as opposed to before when he looked ordinary he was not liked by the audience. I thought this really created a clear image of people in society today that won’t listen unless issues glamorized and sexualised.

I thought in our piece themes of sexualisation and melodrama where explored well through Riannes scene even to the point where it was taken to far. This was apparent to not only the actors, but the audience as well. Furthermore I thought our final performance went really well due to the fact the day before in our rehearsal session the majority of the class where still on script, but by the next day we had all made a massive effort to learn our lines for the sake of our production and each other.

When it came down to the final show we had quiet audience, this made it difficult to create comedy in our piece. Therefore I believe that our final piece lacked amusement. Though I don’t believe that is all bad as I felt the barrier between the upper-class business workers and the people pitching ideas was developed to the point where the audience (being sat down) were almost part of the upper class business workers listening to the other group’s pitches and ideas.


I think that the play overall was a success and we did a good job in the short space of time we had to prepare for it, as we got the script two weeks before the performance. To conclude I believe our show highlighted the issues of our young people of society today and the fact that we ignore serious issues yet we are engrossed in superficial subjects in order to create a particular image of ourselves due to the pressure of constantly seeing glamorization, sexualisation and celebrity figures in the media today.

No comments:

Post a Comment